5th annual beyond baroque
THE 5TH ANNUAL BEYOND BAROQUE POETRY CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED.
SUBMIT POEMS BEGINNING JUNE 1, 2014
2014 POSTMARK DEADLINE SEPTEMBER 5, 2014
5th BB POETRY CONTEST ANNOUNCES UPDATED SCHEDULE
The 5th Annual Beyond Baroque Poetry Contest has begun accepting submissions as of June 1, 2014. The contest accepts
entries from anywhere in the United States. The postmark deadline for entries is September 5, 2014. The judge for this year's
contest judge is award winning poet and professor, David St. John from Los Angeles, California.
First Prize: $1,000
Second Prize: $500
Third Prize: $250
Five Honorable Mentions will also be awarded.
All winners and honorable mentions will be invited, at their own expense, to read their poem(s) at the Beyond Baroque
Poetry Contest Reading on November 9, 2014 at Beyond Baroque Literary Arts Center in Venice, California, at 2:00 PM.
Mail entries with reading fee to:
Beyond Baroque Literary Arts Center
2014 Poetry Contest
681 Venice Blvd.
Los Angeles CA 90291
Winners announced October 20, 2014.
1. Entrants must reside in the United States.
2. Poems must be submitted in English. If the poem has been translated from another language, please submit the
original as well. No previously published poems will be accepted, simultaneous submissions are accepted, but if your poem is accepted somewhere else before the deadline, you will be asked to withdraw or replace it with another poem.
3. Entries of 1-4 poems must be accompanied by a check or money order for $20 made out to Beyond Baroque.
No online submissions or payments will be accepted.
4. You may submit up to 4 poems per entry fee, and each poem has a maximum line limit of 42 for each poem.
5. Each entry should be accompanied by a cover letter with the author's name, address, phone number, email address
and the title of each poem being submitted.
6. This is a blind judging. POEMS SHOULD HAVE ONLY THE TITLE OF THE POEM ON THEM, but no personal information
such as the poet’s name. If the poem takes up more than one sheet of paper, each page should be numbered with the title
of the poem on it, and the number of pages listed on each page (1 of 2, and 2 of 2, etc.).
7. If you wish to receive confirmation of your submission, please include your email address, or a self-addressed, stamped
8. All entries must be postmarked by September 5, 2014.
For more information contact: email@example.com.
About this year’s judge:
David St. John has been honored, over the course of his career, with