7th annual beyond baroque
THE 7TH ANNUAL BEYOND BAROQUE POETRY CONTEST ACCEPTS ENTRIES JUNE 1 TO
SEPTEMBER 1 , 2016.
Deadline September 1, 2016
BEYOND BAROQUE LITERARY|ARTS CENTER'S ANNUAL POETRY CONTEST WINNERS
The 7th Annual Beyond Baroque Poetry Contest is accepting submissions as of June 1, 2016. The contest accepts entries from
anywhere in the United States. The postmark deadline for entries is September 1, 2016. The judge for this year's contest: Diane Wakoski
First Prize: $1,000
Second Prize: $500
Third Prize: $250
Five Honorable Mentions will also be awarded.
All winners and honorable mentions will be invited, at their own expense, to read their poem(s) at the Beyond Baroque
Poetry Contest Reading in April/National Poetry Month at Beyond Baroque Literary Arts Center in Venice, California, time and date to be determined.
Mail entries with reading fee to:
Beyond Baroque Literary Arts Center
2016 Poetry Contest
681 Venice Blvd.
Los Angeles CA 90291
Winners will be announced in January 2017.
1. Entrants must reside in the United States.
2. Poems must be submitted in English. If the poem has been translated from another language, please submit the original as well. No
previously published poems will be accepted, simultaneous submissions are accepted, but if your poem is accepted somewhere else before
the deadline, you will be asked to withdraw or replace it with another poem. No previous publications in traditional print magazines or books. Online previous publication is OK.
3. Entries of 1-4 poems must be accompanied by a check or money order for $20 made out to Beyond Baroque.
No online submissions or payments will be accepted.
4. You may submit up to 4 poems per entry fee, and each poem has a maximum line limit of 42 for each poem.
5. Each entry should be accompanied by a cover letter with the author's name, address, phone number, email address
and the title of each poem being submitted.
6. This is a blind judging. POEMS SHOULD HAVE ONLY THE TITLE OF THE POEM ON THEM, but no personal information
such as the poet’s name. If the poem takes up more than one sheet of paper, each page should be numbered with the title
of the poem on it, and the number of pages listed on each page (1 of 2, and 2 of 2, etc.).
7. If you wish to receive confirmation of your submission, please include your email address, or a self-addressed, stamped
8. All entries must be postmarked by September 1, 2016.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.